Home » About Tashua » PBIS
Category Archives: PBIS
Tashua School Song – “Keep Your Eye on the T.I.G.E.R.S.”
Watch the video!
What is PBIS?
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is an evidence-based, tiered framework for supporting students’ behavioral, academic, social, emotional, and mental health. When implemented with fidelity, PBIS improves social-emotional competence, academic success, and school climate. It also enhances teacher health and well-being. It is a way to create positive, predictable, equitable, and safe learning environments where everyone thrives. Read more…
Schools that establish systems with the capacity to implement SWPBIS
(School-Wide Positive Behavioral Interventions & Supports) with integrity and
durability have teaching and learning environments that
• Are less reactive, aversive, dangerous and exclusionary
• Are more engaging, responsive, preventative and productive
• Are able to address classroom management and disciplinary issues
• Improve supports for students whose behaviors require more specialized
assistance (e.g. emotional and behavioral disorders, mental health)
• Maximize academic engagement and achievement for all students